hANG ON. I HAVE TO GO TELL MY MOM I WON SOMETHING.
Okay, back. Not the reaction I hoped for or wanted.
Guys, I was nominated for something. Not only was I nominated for something, I was nominated for something by SOME OF THE BEST PEOPLE. Yeah, dude, Ash and Lo of Windowsill Books nominated me for this. They are the best and cutest and fun-est and I read their posts all the time forever.
If you’re not following them but you’re following me, you’re genuinely dumb and you should consider the choices in life that led you to this point. (But in that reconsideration, don’t unfollow me. You’re already here. Why not stick around, you know?)
But yes, okay, the award!
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Add these rules to your post.
- Answer all the questions below.
- Display the award picture in your post.
- Nominate 12 other bloggers who are funny, inspiring and most important of all ENTERTAINING!
WHY DID YOU START A BLOG IN THE FIRST PLACE?
For all the fame and fortune it has brought me, obviously.
Really it seemed like the natural ~expansion point~ from Bookstagram, and I’m all about expansion. (I don’t know what that means.) Anyway, I ended up holding onto this blog and not using it for a few months while using Goodreads ALL THE TIME. I feel like I’m still experimenting with how my Goodreads and my blog interlace, but I’ll get there eventually, maybe. I still kind of like Goodreads more, or at least I feel more comfortable with it, but that’s honestly just because I go where I feel the most liked.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?
DUH, YOU GUYS. If this isn’t obvious by now I don’t know what to tell you. I mention Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland being my favorite book in nearly every post I ever make. The Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland Test is pretty much me saying in every review of every book ever, “Not as good as Alice.”
It’s the best. It just is. I discovered the greatest book I’ll ever read at the ripe old age of teenagerdom, and reaching my literary peak early is just the burden I must bear.
WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE THE MOST?
THIS IS SO MUCH HARDER THAN ASKING ME ABOUT THINGS I LIKE. I dislike so many things. I shall make a list:
- when I start making cookies without checking if all the ingredients are available and thEY AREN’T
- when I make cookies and they are all eaten immediately
- when I make cookies and they aren’t all eaten immediately and they go stale, which is just horrible and offensive because a) I make delicious cookies and b) no cookie should ever be permitted to go stale, and it will be illegal for that to happen once I am leader of the world, a legal action that will take place under the No Cookie Left Behind policy
- sending adult emails and making adult phone calls like I’m anything but a confused child
- everything related to the college application, acceptance and entrance process (WHICH I HAVE HAD TO PERFORM TWICE)
- so many young adult tropes. so. many.
I’ll force myself to stop because the list is only growing less complete as it lengthens, like that monster where when you cut off its head two grow back in its place, and it’s kind of upsetting to realize that I’m such a bitter and cynical weight upon the world.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD AT THE MALL?
Oh, man. This is an embarrassingly hard choice. I am a full-on garbage monster and fast food/mall food/pure carbs and saturated fat mushed into a food-like shape = my favorite food group. (Yes, it’s a food group to me.)
I like Auntie Anne’s pretzels. And Chick-Fil-A nuggets. And Blizzards from Dairy Queen. My friends and I go to Friendly’s and sit at the sticky tables, surrounded by young families, confusingly often. A Chipotle burrito. The pantheon of Panera meals: A pick two with mac and cheese and chicken noodle soup and also bread.
I’m not going to stop until you’re secondhand embarrassed.
This is such a great question, and also, unrelated note, I am now so hungry.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PASTIME?
Well, every once in a while, if I get the feeling, I’ll, I dunno, sit down with a book or something.
(Did you fall off your chair, bed, couch, or whatever you are currently sitting on in shock? I guess you could be standing, or laying, or whatever. Either way, did you fall???)
Besides reading, I watch and listen to a lot of comedy. I have a lot of favorite TV shows. I love listening to podcasts. And baking cookies. (I’ve been questing to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie for most of the summer and have made probably 17 batches thus far. No dice.)
- Jess @ Beaucoup Books
- Danielle @ The Blonde Likes Books
- Sofii @ A Book. A Thought
- Holly @ Nut Free Nerd
- Destiny @ Howling Libraries
- Solomon @ The Bookish King
Yay! Those are all great accounts and this is a very fun tag. Thanks again to Windowsill Books for the nom. Feel free to do this tag! Or don’t. Whichever you prefer, I guess.